Spring Clean Your Digital Clutter: 5 Data Deletion Tips
Spring cleaning is not only about getting rid of the physical clutter in your home, but also about cleaning out your digital clutter. With the increasing amount of data that we collect and store, it’s important to regularly clean out and delete any unnecessary data. BigID’s data deletion app is a game-changer as it allows organizations to manage their data lifecycle in a single platform. With this app, organizations can reduce attack surfaces, maintain compliance, and enhance their data hygiene.
Here are five tips for using BigID’s data deletion app to clean out your data this spring:
- Implement deep data discovery: The vast majority of organizations collect and store far more data than they actually need or even know about. The first step to tidying up your enterprise data is discovering all of it— whether it’s unstructured, semi-structured, dark data, or cloud data. Data intelligence platforms like BigID use advanced AI to automatically scan and discover all your enterprise data both on-prem or in the cloud.
- Purge ROT data: It’s easy to end up with redundant, obsolete, or trivial (ROT) data. Human error is an unavoidable occurrence when it comes to manually logging hours of sensitive data. Your organization doesn’t need to be stuck doing the heavy lifting. ML classification tools can accurately identify duplicate forms of data and quickly remove them— giving you the peace of mind you deserve.
- Automate data retention: Better alignment with regulations like HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA by automating your data retention with BigID’s data deletion app. Set guidelines to streamline your data management lifecycle based on the legal retention hold periods you must comply with.
- Reduce attack surface: One of the most effective ways to mitigate risk is by reducing your organization’s attack surface. The less you store, the less malicious attackers have to target. BigID’s data deletion app gives you the power to quickly and easily delete any data that isn’t providing value.
- Validate deletion requests: Collaborate with your team to manage and track data deletion requests with audit trails, verification, reminders, and status updates – all in one location. Organizations operating in a zero-trust framework can maintain security and achieve compliance.
Data has become an organization’s most valuable asset. Something that important shouldn’t be allowed to sit and clutter for years. It’s essential to regularly clean out and delete any unnecessary data to reduce the risk of data breaches, maintain compliance, and enhance the security posture of your organization.
With BigID’s data deletion app, organizations can manage their data lifecycle in a single platform to clean out their data this spring. Don’t let digital clutter slow down your organization’s performance.
To start your digital spring cleaning, get a 1:1 demo today and see BigID’s data deletion app in action.