Manage and Protect PHI for HIPAA Compliance
See how BigID helps health organizations — and any company subject to HIPAA regulations — discover, map, tag, catalog, and take action on all their protected health information.
HIPAA Overview: Scope and Challenges
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulates health care providers, health plans and insurers, health care clearinghouses, and businesses associated with health organizations.
The federal regulation defines and monitors “protected health information,” or PHI, plus electronic protected health information, or ePHI. PHI is any medical information — past, current, or future — that can identify an individual; or that is created, used, or disclosed in the process of providing health care services.
HIPAA regulations frequently change to adapt to new technologies and conditions.
Full Visibility and Coverage of Health Data with BigID
With BigID, companies can discover, manage, and catalog all of their sensitive PHI and ePHI across the entire organization — no matter how siloed — and enforce policy across all of their data, everywhere.
Companies need full visibility into all of their data — not just part of it. BigID provides broad coverage of unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data, big data, data in motion, and more — all in a single pane of glass.
Drive effective integration between data sources and infrastructures — and make integration and orchestration with other enterprise infrastructure simple and high-impact.
Maintain a comprehensive map of all PHI — on-prem and in the cloud — alert on violation risks, and be able to report on all sensitive patient data for HIPAA compliance.
Achieve HIPAA Compliance with BigID
- BigID automatically classifies PHI via machine learning, drilling down in the data to find context and relationships. Leverage ML-based Classification
- Identify and remediate duplicate, similar, redundant, and derivative sensitive patient data — and enact policy-driven retention management. Clean Up and Minimize Data
- Automate workflows to act on data aging, tag what data to keep, define how long to keep it, and mark over-retained data for deletion. Define Policies to Retain or Discard Data
- Identify high-risk protected health information, flag data flows and access patterns, and continuously monitor access activity to reduce risk on sensitive patient data. Reduce Risk
- Actively monitor the consistency, accuracy, completeness, and validity of all data in a unified view — and ensure it’s fit for purpose and compliance. Improve Data Quality
- BigID is designed API-first to make integration and orchestration with other enterprise infrastructure simple and high-impact. Drive Effective Interoperability
- Correlate granular data knowledge to data subjects, transforming consent capture processes into a practical validation tool for collecting and processing patient data. Integrate Consent and Preference Management
- Protect individuals’ rights over their health information — and safeguard data in areas of administrative, physical, and technical security — in accordance with HIPAA. Achieve Compliance for Privacy and Security Rules
Explore BigID Data Solutions for HIPAA Compliance
Discover all sensitive, dark, regulated, and health data that’s monitored by HIPAA.
Data classification reimagined for the modern data landscape.
Implement policy-driven retention management for all data, everywhere.
Enable remediation of high-risk, sensitive, dark, regulated, and health information.
Automate end-to-end data rights, quickly locate all PHI and ePHI for an individual, and manage subject access requests at scale.
Identify open and overprivileged data access across data center and cloud.