Discovering Dark Data & The Importance of Data Knowledge in Privacy
Guest Heidi Shey, Principal Analyst at Forrester, joins us to discuss the problem of dark data in privacy and security.
With the advent of data protection and privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA there’s a growing need for companies to know what data they collect, process, and share on their customers and employees.
However, traditional data discovery technologies – whether classification or cataloging – lack the coverage, detail, or context to effectively protect consumer data, minimize risk, or meet basic privacy requirements.
Join our live webinar with guest speaker Heidi Shey, Principal Analyst at Forrester, as we look at the problem of dark data in privacy and security, historical approaches for locating sensitive data, why those approaches failed in privacy, and how the privacy use cases are ushering in a new era of data knowledge and intelligence.
Join guest speaker Heidi Shey, Forrester Principal Analyst, Security and Risk, and Nimrod Vax, CPO, BigID as they explore these topics and more, including:
- What is Dark Data and Why It’s a Problem in Privacy and Security
- Traditional Approaches for Locating Data and Why They Fail
- How To Rethink Discovery of Dark Data for CCPA and GDPR
- How Privacy Enhances Data Knowledge and Intelligence
- The Benefit of Data Intelligence to Privacy, Security and Building Data Value
Register below for the full on-demand replay.