CA Employee Privacy Notice
BigID Privacy Notice/Collection Notice for California Job Applicants
Last Updated: December 22, 2022
FOR CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS ONLY
This California Job Applicant Privacy Notice (or “Notice”) provides notice regarding the personal information that BigID, Inc. (“BigID”, “our”, “we”, or “us”) may collect, use, and disclose about you as a California resident and job applicant. It also informs you of your privacy rights and BigID’s responsibilities pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the newly enacted California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”). The CCPA, CPRA, and any regulations issued by the California Privacy Protection Agency’s Modified Proposed Regulations will be referred to in this Notice as “California Privacy Law”.
The purpose of this Notice is to provide BigID job applicants who are California residents with timely notice about the categories of personal information that BigID (1) collects from them, (2) the purposes for which the personal information is collected or used, and (3) whether that information is sold or shared. In the event that BigID uses a category of personal information for a purpose that is not identified below, it will post or distribute a new Notice.
Information on BigID’s Information Practices
Collection & Use:
BigID may collect personal information from job applicants for the purposes of complying with legal, regulatory, and internal policy requirements, as well as to operate the business and respond to job applicant inquiries and/or requests. When inquiring about or applying to a position at BigID, we may collect the following categories of personal information from job applicants:
- Your name and contact details (such as, email address and telephone number);
- Your job title, resume, employment history, educational background, and other relevant candidate information (e.g., job application or cover letter);
- Information collected from internal communications and IT Systems that are relevant to your job application or inquiries (such as, scheduling interviews);
- Characteristics of protected classifications under federal or California law (such as gender, race, medical conditions, national origin, or military status) should you choose to provide them when completing applications;
- Information and correspondence related to any privacy rights request; and
- Other personal information contained in correspondence or documents you provided to us before, during, and after the job application and interview process.
When applying to a position at BigID, we may collect personal information about a job applicant from the following types of sources of personal information:
- Information submitted directly by a job applicant;
- Information from public sources (such as, public social media profiles); and/or
- Information from other third parties (such as professional references, pre-employment background check services, and/or previous employers).
BigID may use the personal information collected for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To create and maintain job application records;
- To communicate with job applicants regarding employment opportunities, employment applications, and status updates on job applications or interview process;
- To conduct equal opportunity and diversity monitoring where permitted or required by law;
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations);
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegations; and/or
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, or other misconduct.
BigID will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without updating this Notice.
BigID may disclose job applicant personal information to our service providers for a specified, legitimate business purpose. The information listed in our Collection & Use section may have been disclosed within the last 12 months.
The legitimate business purposes for why we may disclose information include to:
- Extend offers and provide new employee benefits, perks, and payment;
- Comply with our internal policies and legal or regulatory obligations;
- Create, maintain, and update new or existing job application records;
- Improve and assist us with managing business operations; and
- Provide additional security measures to protect BigID systems and information from unauthorized access or control.
Any service provider or contractor (as defined by the CPRA) to whom BigID discloses personal information about a job applicant will be contractually obligated to comply with our security and confidentiality obligations, as well as any processing instructions. BigID only discloses personal information to the following categories of service providers and contractors:
- HR, benefits, and accounting/payroll systems;
- IT and software providers; and
- Marketing and recruitment tools.
BigID may also disclose personal information about a job applicant to the following categories of third parties:
- Third parties to which a job applicant has consented;
- Third parties as required by applicable law or relevant legal process.
BigID does not disclose personal information about job candidates to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Selling and Sharing of Personal Information:
Please note that BigID does not sell or share (as defined by the CPRA) personal information obtained from prospective candidates.
Sensitive Personal Information:
BigID does not use or disclose job applicants’ Sensitive Personal Information (SPI) for purposes other than those permitted under California Privacy Law, including to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, to manage and operate the business, and to help us carry out job applicant requests. Where permitted, BigID and its service providers may collect and process the following SPI:
- Log-in credentials for technologies, systems, and services;
- Government-issued identification documentation, such as a passport or driver’s license when applying for a BigID position;
- Information needed to conduct a background check;
- Health or financial information related to payroll, accounting, and health benefits; and
- Diversity or demographic information.
California Job Applicants Privacy Rights
Beginning January 1, 2023, BigID job applicants who are California residents will be granted the following rights over their personal information, subject to certain exceptions:
- The Right to Access & Know: Job applicants have the right to know the types of personal information that BigID has collected about the job applicant in the preceding 12-month period, as well as the right to request access to specific pieces of personal information obtained from the job applicant.
- The Right to Correct: Job applicants have a right to request that BigID correct any objectively false and inaccurate personal information about the job applicant and maintained by BigID.
- The Right to Delete: Job applicants have the right to request that BigID delete certain information about an applicant that was provided by the applicant. BigID may need to retain personal information about prospective candidates in certain cases, such as to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to manage and operate the business. BigID shall also notify any contractors and service providers to delete the job applicant personal information from their records.
- The Right to Non-Retaliation: Job applicants have a right to exercise any of the privacy rights mentioned in this Policy and as granted by applicable California Privacy Law, without fear of retaliation by BigID.
How BigID California Job Applicants Can Exercise Their Rights
BigID California job applicants can exercise their rights by using one of the following methods:
To ensure a smooth verification process, BigID job applicants, or an agent legally authorized to submit a request on behalf of a job applicant, should be prepared to provide proof of their California residency.
BigID reserves the right to modify, revise, or otherwise amend this Notice at any time. We periodically review and update this Notice to comply with applicable laws and to ensure it incorporates any changes to our policies or business.
The date at the top of the page indicates when this Notice was last revised. We encourage you to please review this page regularly for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us at: [email protected].